Language PlacementKorean Placement Test 2018-2019
Who needs to take the Korean placement test?1. Students who want to use Korean to satisfy the Weinberg and the School of Communication’s
two-year foreign requirement.
2. Students who have prior knowledge of Korean and want to study Korean at Northwestern.
3. Students who have come back from study abroad, and need to be placed into appropriate level
4. Students who have transferred from other universities and continue to take Koran at
The above apply to all students in all schools and programs, including graduate and professional schools.
What will the Korean placement test look like?1. The online placement test consists of four sections: vocabulary, grammar, reading and listening.
2. The validation test consists of two parts: writing and oral interview.
How do you take the Korean placement test?
There are two parts in the placement test. Students must take both tests:
1. Online test: http://placement-test.mmlc.northwestern.edu/ Once you enter the test, you have to finish within 2 hours since you cannot enter again. Only one time is allowed to take the test. The online test result will initially show as “Validation Required” since the validation test is required to complete the placement process.
2. Validation test: writing and speaking tests conducted in-person.• Validation test: writing and speaking tests conducted in-person.
When and where does the Validation Test take place for fall, 2018?
The Korean Placement Validation Test will take place during the Wildcat Welcome Week:
Place: University Hall 101
If possible, please arrive 15 minutes early with your student ID and pen.
Prior to arriving for the validation test, you have to take the online test.
The placement result is effective only for one year. Students are not allowed to retake the test in a
year unless the placement coordinator needs it for a replacement purpose.
Placement for winter and spring, 2019. By appointment only.
Please contact Dr. Ihnhee Kim (email@example.com, 847-491-2767), the Korean placement coordinator.Back to top